Pro surfer, Sterling Spencer knows what it’s like being at the top of his sport—but the game of parenting is one that can be even more challenging! We’re excited to share with you a quick look into what Sterling has to say about surfing, parenting and his own self-care rituals.
Plus, since Sterling is one of many athletes who are turning to CBD products as a way to manage exercise-induced soreness, he shares with us how he leverages CBD as a natural approach to wellbeing.
1. Sagely Naturals’ mission is to help you do more of what you love. How did your dad inspire you to do what you love and how are you passing this on to your child?
My dad inspired me to go surfing every day and enjoy the moment! I love sharing this simple joy to my son and the love for the ocean.
2. Parenting can be exhausting. It’s easy to forget that taking care of yourself is just as important as taking care of your children. Is there something you do for you, something that makes you a priority?
First thing in the morning I do about an hour of breathing techniques and meditation. Then I walk with the dog and do my tai chi practice body warm-up exercise. The rest of the day becomes a breeze. I feel relaxed and I'm ready to watch my son almost hurt or break something on his body every second haha!
3. What is your favorite Sagely Naturals product?
I loveeeee the CBD cream. Sometimes I surf up to six hours in a day—it's perfect for all the [exercise-induced] soreness to keep going!!
4. What is your favorite surf spot?
The ocean :)
5. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I'm so weird. I'm not sure if I could surprise you but I would just love to say I love dogs and they are more important than humans :)